Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ma Belle

I'm going to burn down the Midwest
and in the light of it's death throes,
I'll French kiss your heart
make it all better.
everything.
forever.
This ain't how I planned to paint this city red.
Bring your disease to this frozen waste,
let me send those fingers screaming
for gravestones.
Yeah,
I can be the subtle smile between your thighs,
yeah,
I can make you happy every single goddamn day of your life.
Hair shiver on your trigger, fingering that figure
Cold comfort under steely sky, ironed earth rusting (sadness bleeds).

Deliberately goth,
insecurity drives me to familiar.
Chain smoke cloves in the rain,
Time laughs at me,
got nothing to spare-
nothing glamourous
as ideas.
Too much eyeliner isn't quite enough.
Light a cigarette and man up,
woman.

naked under oversized hypodermic,
crying about that Kansas girl.
Don't trust
where she's at
that is
all she knows.
She's more educated than I.
Constant repetition,
distance makes a fool of me.
Eternal countdowns.
Killer.
How many times can I say
I love her,
I miss her,
I wish
she were here,
before something changes?
I can't cover how I feel about her
all at once.
I am reduced
to smashing it into pieces
covering each fragment individually.
Suck it into my mouth,
let the edges cut my tongue.
I spit roses on the sidewalk,
classy as any homeless bum,
and the veins and arteries outlined on the concrete
seem to scream everything
I feel.
Too bad
I'm not a photographer.

No comments: