Monday, December 14, 2009

Securely Pinned Tiara

I'll take my way
send heartaches back where they came from,
where I never go.
Wouldn't you?
Masoch might not
but we're unrelated.

I told you what she did to me.
Are you deaf
or just selfish?
Your timing is terrible,
pushy.
What am I going to DO with you?
What AM I going to do with you?
You, entirely unlike everyone else.
Life is unfair,
why should you exceed reality?
You need a dead girl,
I need you kinder.

She is her whole name to my skull,
misbehaved Southern child.
Oh, baby.
You weren't a bad girl,
just oil in my ocean,
fish killer.
I needed you kinder,
needed you at all,
but abandoning seafood doesn't mean I'm hungry.

Modern selfishness consumed.
Royal ice sculpture staring down and down
electronic shadows
of the hearts
I used to heat.
Global warming is a lie
between our shifted seasons
While snow suffocates small things,
spring slaps my concrete jungle,
unsettling monsters.

No comments: