Monday, April 14, 2008

Processing

Burgling electronic isolation with words to make me run
because I am human
and fear what I don't understand
I'll wait for you
he says
By the way, how's your face feel?
Tongue tip tripping, he's laughing at me.
He makes me laugh at myself
tub edge sitting
dying my hair for a bald man
hours away in a city I can't stand

My face?
it's going to stick like this
small alternating smiles hiding behind confused fingers
I say
This will take years
Unkissed smile shine in my general direction
women who fear commitment cause evolution
Y chromosomes now contain x ray vision
The man's a flight tracker.

"You brought me up from a very dark place
I'm not sure you quite understand how much that means
Or the significance it gives you in my life
it takes someone that i have a great connection with to do what you did"

Do I dare disturb the universe, Mr. P?

Do feelings like those require a spectacular focus?
Does left field eloquence deserve any less?

I'm waiting for you
he says
I'm waiting for you
he says
I'm waiting for you
I say
You're crazy.


3 comments:

EngelSchrei said...

I say I love you both :)

Collin J. Rae said...

I don't love anyone
You're not listening
You're playing with something
You're playing with yourself

I don't love anyone
You're not listening even now
You're playing with someone
You're playing with someone else

And if there's one thing that I learned when I was a child
It's to take a hiding

I don't love anything
Not even Christmas
Especially not that
I don't love anything

No, I don't love anyone
Maybe my sister
Maybe my baby brother too, yeah

Dorkington said...

<3